Recipes

Recipes to share and make at home.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Daikon (Japanese Radish) Salad

I`ve been loving the Japanese cooking...once I started I couldn`t stop. So here`s the basic recipe for my version of the Daikon Salad.

First you want to wash and peel the daikon, cut off the stems. Then, julienne it into long thing pieces, I usually cut in half first and then into slices about 2-3 mm wide (I`m just guess there). Then, I cut those slices the other way until you have long thin pieces. If you have carrots on hand you can cut them the same way and mix with the daikon.

The sauce is fairly simple. I like about 1/3 ketchup and 2/3 mayonaise and some minced garlic (if you happen to like garlic, maybe roast it to mellow out the flavor). Sometimes I also add a can of tuna, drained to give it a little more flavor.

Then mix everything together in a bowl and you have a basic daikon salad. But, it`s a recipe that`s meant to be played with. I also add some salt and pepper depending on how spicy they ketchup I use is. Also, some capers or some other kind of crunchy round bean can be pretty.

1 Comments:

Blogger JumpinJellieBean said...

nice! is the food expensive there?

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home